PUAWER001B Identify, Prevent & Report Potential Workplace Emergency Situations
- Duration: 10 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Sydney, NSW
- Product code: WESTP2
This unit covers the competency required to identify and prevent the development of workplace emergency situations, or to minimise their consequences, and to report if emergency protection systems, emergency control equipment and evacuation systems are compromised.
Existing workers in any industry may benefit from this training as it is not industry specific.
There are no prerequisites for this unit.
- Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment for:
PUAWER001B Identify, prevent and report potential workplace emergency situations
- Full course: 3 hours face-to-face training
Pre course study options:
There are no pre course study requirements for this course.
Related Course Documentation
What should I look for when choosing a training provider?
The Australian Skills and Qualifications Authority (ASQA) has developed a fact sheet to help you to be fully informed about your decision to enrol into a course. This information can be found by clicking here
A copy of the Student Agreement should be read before enrolling in this course.
What are my rights and responsibilties as a student?
The Australian Skills and Qualification Authority (ASQA) requires that students be aware of their rights and responsibilities once they have selected their training provider. By enrolling into any of our courses you are deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions outlined in our Student Agreement.
All students will be required to show proof of identification at the commencement of the course.
(PUAWER001B) What skills and knowledge will I get from this course?
- communicate effectively according to workplace procedures and accepted safe practices
- identify hazards in the workplace that reduce the effectiveness of emergency protection systems, emergency control equipment and evacuation systems
- monitor the work area to identify new and emerging risks on an on-going basis
- Basic types, principles of operation and limitations of emergency protection systems and emergency control equipment typically installed in the workplace
- Hazards in the workplace that reduce the effectiveness of emergency protection systems and emergency control equipment
- Procedures for identifying, minimising or preventing, correcting and reporting situations within the organisation that may lead to workplace emergencies
- Safe practices applicable to the workplace that help to prevent emergencies
- Situations in the workplace that may lead to emergencies
- Situations that may make emergency protection systems and emergency control equipment inoperable
(PUAWER001B) How will I be assessed for this course?
The following assessment tasks are required for this course:
- Theory Questions consisting of multiple choice and short answer questions
- Performance Tasks
- Simulated Practical Scenarios
(PUAWER001B) Where can I access a copy of the training package?
You can access a copy of the training package here